Apply on the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission website to get your patient ID. It takes from 2 days to 2 weeks for the MMCC to email your patient ID number (it starts with the letter “P” so keep an eye out). Your patient ID application costs $25 which is paid at the end of the application to the state. Your number lasts 6 years.
Things you will need to complete your application:
- A valid, accessible email account.
- Full 9- digit Social Security Number
- An electronic copy of a valid government-issued photo ID (Driver’s license, State issued photo Identification card, Military ID (both front and back), US Passport)
- Proof that applicant lives in Maryland
- A passport style photo to upload to your application. The photo needs to be from your neck up with an all white background. If you would like help with the photo or have questions feel free to call or send us your picture for editing.
(All documents must be dated within the past 90 days)
More information can be found here as well as starting the application:
Qualifying conditions recognized by the state of Maryland: cachexia, anorexia, wasting syndrome, severe or chronic pain, severe nausea, seizures, severe or persistent muscle spasms, glaucoma, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), or another chronic medical condition which is severe and for which other treatments have been ineffective.